Director of Platform Operations
Director of Platform Operations for Hearts & Science
At Annalect, we work with clients to develop data driven marketing strategies, powered by a connected system of technology, tools, consultants and digital activation. Drawing from the vast resources of our parent company, Omnicom, we are positioned as the data and analytics experts for dozens of Fortune 500 companies.
Our job is one of empowerment. Specifically, we empower our clients to improve their businesses through advances in technology and data. As the ad tech ecosystem continues to become more complex, we are relied upon to provide expertise on digital marketing technologies, incorporate strategy and manage tracking of all digital marketing efforts. We unlock the value of consumer data to deliver growth, revenue and ROI, and create differentiation that helps us stay on top. But as our client roster continues to grow, we’re going to need more help.
The Director for Platform Operations is a leader in our Platform Operations team and is responsible for all operational processes, quality control, and technical troubleshooting surrounding ad technologies across Omnicom Media Group. Success in this role requires deep technical and operational expertise across ad and marketing technologies to help marketers evolve their adopted data and ad technology approach to drive marketing performance and value for their business. The position requires a process-oriented perspective, strong communication and management skills, and a drive towards scalable and reliable operations.
- Maintain in-depth expertise in the constantly evolving digital marketing technology landscape across technical capabilities, workflow and navigation, process integration, quality control, and platform integration
- Create, implement, and optimize the approach for delivering high-quality, scalable ad technology administration services (e.g. ad trafficking, tag management, DMP implementation, technical support)—inclusive of documenting workflow and quality control, defining process and deliverables, identifying talent and skill requirements, and training team members
- Manage internal and external service teams to ensure consistency and quality performance, timely issue escalation and remediation, and process optimization
- Collaborate with the U.S. Director, Data & Platform Operations as well as Product, Technology, and Learning & Development teams to define, design, and rollout new tools to improve the efficiency and quality of operations; also responsible for the timely adoption, and effectiveness of such tools
- Team with Hearts digital leadership to ensure smooth operational engagement across agencies, inclusive of delivering trainings, adjusting process, and resolving issues
- Manage Operations team, including driving professional development, managing talent performance, optimizing team structure, coordinating staffing and recruiting, and ensuring delivery of high-quality services
- Build strong working relationships with ad technology partners, clients, vendors, and internal teams to collaborate on service delivery, assess educational needs, provide thoughtful leadership, and optimize engagement methods
- Coordinate ongoing meetings to educate self and others about evolving tech solutions; inform product roadmaps; recalibrate internal processes, policies, and templates relative to platform iterations; and ensure a healthy and collaborative relationship
- Contribute to integration efforts with internal business groups across search, social, programmatic, account management, product, and technology teams
- Maintain expertise on the ever evolving marketing technology landscape, with subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: DMP’s, TMS, CRM data management & onboarding, application of 1st/2nd/3rd party data, cross-device identity, analytics tools, data visualization and data co-ops
- 8+ years required technical and operational experience across digital technologies, such as:
- Ad-Servers (mobile, video, display etc.)
- Viewabiilty & Fraud o Audience Measurement
- Data Management Platform o Tag Management
- Dynamic Creative o Behavioral Targeting Compliance
- Emerging Platforms o Digital standards
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team, with an emphasis on strengths in supervisory, mentorship, and leadership capacities
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning and campaign management processes within an agency
- Demonstrated understanding of how ad technologies satisfies digital campaign measurement needs, and the implications of mis-implementation on ability to deliver on those needs
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement processes and policies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in breaking down complex client challenges into clear opportunities, especially when communicating on highly technical subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional peers, managers, subordinates, and partners to achieve business results
- Excellent project management skills with an aptitude for independently managing multiple projects
- Ability to provide an articulate point-of-view while speaking with diverse audiences, including clients ranging from CMO’s to CIO’s
- Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Degrees in the following subject areas are preferred: engineering, computer science, information science, or business-related fields with technical and project management skills.
At Omnicom Media Group, we offer a complex benefits package including medical benefits and Paid Time Off, as well as discretionary bonuses for select roles.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Omnicom Media Group, our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts, engages and retains the best possible talent. Our diversity of experiences, backgrounds, locations, viewpoints and ideas is what makes us a great place to work and differentiate us as an employer of choice.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
At Omnicom Media Group we are committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer