Supervisor, Biddable Investment (Programmatic)
Supervisor, Programmatic Investment
We are a data driven marketing agency that is pioneering the future of how brands and people
will interact in the post media world.
Hearts & Science is seeking a Programmatic Buying and Optimization Manager with exceptional
quantitative and analytic skills to oversee yield management for Hearts & Science’s
programmatic buying practice. In this critical role, the Programmatic Investment Supervi
sor will design, launch, and manage campaigns using varying demand side platforms and bidding tools.
The Programmatic Investment Manager will work directly with other internal teams to understand and implement campaign requirements on the front-end, manage optimization within and across campaigns to meet client objectives, and translate the resulting performance and insights back out to internal stakeholders.
A Programmatic Manager should not only have strong analytic skills but excellent communication and leadership skills to impart critical information to a broad non quantitative audience.
● Oversee and direct the day to day operations of a team of programmatic strategists and buyers.
● Provide inputs and guidance around campaign design, including requirements for success and optimal use of demand - side platforms
● Work side by side with Ad Operations team to ensure tight coordination of campaign
setup, adjustments and optimization performance is efficient and effective
● Work with Sales team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients
● Facilitate reporting and ad hoc analysis for each campaign
● Work with internal Operations and Product Technology teams to design and implement new capabilities (e.g., new supply & data sources, new media measurement techniques, etc.)
● Provide subject matter expertise to media teams and clients, including weekly Sales and Operations team meetings
● 3-4 years of experience and expert knowledge of digital programmatic buying with hands-on experience using demand-side platforms
● Experience managing media teams and client relationships
● Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, etc.) preferred. Advanced degree (MA or PhD) desired but not required
● Experience working with large data sets and understanding of analytic methodologies for evaluating data
● Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, and pay strong attention to details
● Able to effectively manage costs while exceeding performance and viewability goals
● Excellent communication skills–ability to distill key ideas for a non-mathematical audience
● Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams
● Strong knowledge of MS Excel and familiarity with SQL or other data manipulation tools
● Working knowledge of 3rd party verification tools, including DoubleVerify, ComScore, IAS, Moat, etc.
● Hands-on experience with data visualization tools, including Datorama and Tableau